KENFOOD PUBLIC INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL MIXES AND CONFECTIONERY COMPANY has made it its policy to achieve and maintain the high quality and safety standards of its products. These standards are in full compliance with the principles and requirements of modern and acceptable food industry applications and practices in terms of quality, the health & safety of products, customer satisfaction, environmental protection, care for its people and the economy.
In order to achieve the above, Management
Has adopted a Management Systems in accordance with the ISO 22000:2005, ISO 9001: 2015, IFS, standards, which is applied to the entire company and all activities that have an impact on the quality of its products/services and the satisfaction of its customers.
The company’s operation responds to customer demands, it strictly observes national, European and international law in terms of product quality and safety and adapts to any related changes that may arise.
It makes every effort for the cost of its products to correspond to what customers believe to be fair for the products that they buy, on a case-by-case basis.
It makes every effort to improve the quality and maintain the safety of its products, thus providing its customers with the best cost-controlled products.
Its basic objective is to control overall production cost, without discounting quality, in order to remain strong and competitive to ever-changing market conditions.
It provides the necessary resources to each Department for its unimpeded, efficient and effective operation.
It invests in the ongoing training, updating and education of its personnel so that they promote Quality, Health & Safety in all their operations.
It monitors, measures and assesses the critical parameters and processes in order to ensure Quality, Health & Safety.
It implements and maintains effective communication in order to ensure adequate food-safety information in the food chain.
It sets measurable and objective quality and safety goals at corporate level, at Department operation and/or process level and in respect to products or services. These goals are established and assessed in terms of their achievement level as part of Management’s Quality Management System review.
In order to implement this Corporate Policy, KENFOOD PUBLIC INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL MIXES AND CONFECTIONERY COMPANY requests and knows that it has the support of all its employees, who use the Management System as a daily tool; they decisively contribute towards the Company’s advancement and the assistance of its customers; in the consolidation and improvement of the System’s efficiency as well as the applicable Procedures, the production methods, aimed at improving Quality, maintaining and improving Safety, cost reduction, the improvement of working conditions and the effective use of its resources.
The Management System’s smooth operation and compliance is the responsibility of the Management System Manager, who Management promises to support with all the necessary means and resources, so that the Management System operates efficiently and serves its purpose.
Using the training that is provided and the resources that are made available, every employee is obligated to comply with the Management System Procedures and contribute toward its continuous consolidation and improvement. Adopting the principle of continuous improvement KENFOOD PUBLIC INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL MIXES AND CONFECTIONERY COMPANY acknowledges and rewards group work and individual effort; it invested in people and respects the customer.
The company specifically considers at least the following.
1. Customer focus: All the policies, goals and procedures described in the manual, ensure that the company is able to provide the appropriate environment to satisfy its customers’ requirements. A customer focused quality management system is ensured with the implementation of the Sales D.720 and Customer Complaints-Satisfaction D.820 procedures. Moreover, the company’s Traceability system aids in the fast and timely product recall and the notification of its suppliers - customers. Each year, the company carries out a fictitious recall (fictitious product recall and monitoring - product recall for specific raw material). On an annual basis, the company uses the customer satisfaction form to assess its customers’ feedback. The statistical assessment of the customer satisfaction forms is performed during the company’s annual review.
2. Environmental responsibility: The plant has the appropriate size, location, construction, and design in order to facilitate maintenance, prevent pollution and allow the manufacture of safe and legal products. Moreover, the area’s environment is not in a position to exercise adverse effects on the safety of the finished products and should this occur, the company will take the necessary measures to prevent pollution. (An inspection is carried out on the company’s exterior environment every four months). The System manager is responsible for keeping the surrounding area in check, whereas the Plant Manager is responsible for any corrective procedures to the surrounding area.
3. Company personnel: The Company has the suitable resources in order to supply its personnel with the necessary apparel (blouse, trousers, shoes, gloves, caps) to prevent any product contamination by the staff, while it conducts staff training sessions on food-facility safety issues once or more times a year and reminds the personnel of their moral responsibility on food safety issues. All staff undergo an annual competence review (E.620.5). The plant’s Manager is responsible for the staff’s apparel and the competence review, while the HACCP Manager is responsible for training.
4. Product manufacture: The layout of the areas, the positioning of the machinery and other equipment is such so as not to allow cross contamination and if this is the case there is a time separation so as to fully ensure the manufacture of safe products. Implementing the national and European law, product manufacture is achieved with high quality raw materials by approved suppliers who are reviewed on an annual basis. Form E.540.1 lists the production department’s requirements. Goals are assessed during the review. Analyses (microbiological - chemical) are performed twice a year based on the sampling plan. (Ε.756.2). The HACCP Manager reviews the analyses results, while the plant Manager assesses the goals that have been set.
5. Sales Department: The Sales Department reviews the proper and exact manner by which products are sold to customers. It is the link between customers and the company for any issue that may arise and at the same time transfers any customer recommendations to the company. Regular meetings are held between the Sales Department - Sales representatives and Management regarding the products (appearance-weight-quality) and customer recommendations. These issues are redirected to the food safety team for resolution. The commercial manager reviews the goals that have been set.
6.Accounting Department: The accounting department is responsible for the proper and statutory monitoring of the company’s financial cycle. The accounting manager checks that the accounting department is running properly.
7. Company’s liability: To provide its customers with quality products at all times based on existing law / regulations, any specific requirements that have been mutually set or agreed upon and to satisfy their requirements at the set delivery time and at a competitive price while promptly addressing their complaints or objections based on documented procedures. The company ensures that its products and all the packaging bear the proper labeling as prescribed by Greek and European law. It also implements strict communication and promotion rules for its products.
8. Viability: It makes every effort to improve the quality and maintain the safety of its products aimed at the manufacture of the best cost-controlled products.
9. Sustainability policy: The company makes every effort to comply with the sustainability policy.
- The structure of the building is such that it can be characterized as “green” (masonry constructed for energy efficiency, use of solar panels, biological treatment, mechanical-cooling mechanism for energy efficiency)
- Greenery across the entire area
- Highly reflective building materials (floors-walls) that restrict the development of high temperatures in the summer./
- Special energy efficient lighting.
- It has arranged to collect recyclable waste such as:
The plant Manager is responsible for the sustainability policy that is applied by the company.
10. The quality policy is reviewed regularly, at least once a year (usually during management’s review)